Everyone is welcome at Cafe Church which is held on the 3rd Sunday of every month in the Magdalene Room at 10am.
We aim to provide an inclusive and accepting space for everybody. Cafe Church is an informal service where there is discussion, creativity, prayer and contemporary worship led by the Worship Band. We value hospitality and there is toast, tea and coffee available throughout the service.
Cafe Church is held in the Magdalene Room so that we have the space for tables as well as chairs and play mats.
Here’s the format:
If you would like further information or to meet someone prior to a service so that you have a friendly face on the day you decided to come to St George’s, please contact Rev Jo Musson.
- Before we sit down, we help ourselves and each other to drinks and any breakfast food. The food and drink is available during the service
- The service is led by a vicar, readers and other members of the congregation
- The liturgy and words for the songs are usually projected onto a white screen
- The worship band often includes drums, electric guitars, flute and singers
- There are activities during the service for example, craft, learning movements to a song and, if we want to, we can share what we learn
- The service end at about 11:20am